Web Analytics Business News This Week Sanjay Dutt: ‘I'm Shattered’ by the Supreme Court Verdict | Business News This Week

Mar 23, 2013

Sanjay Dutt: ‘I'm Shattered’ by the Supreme Court Verdict

IN · · 1 comment
Sanjay Dutt
The Supreme Court delivered the final verdict on the appeals filed by the state and convicts in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, and sentenced Dutt to five years in jail. Sanjay Dutt, was found guilty of acquiring illegal weapons from those blamed for the bombings and was given a month to surrender.

Dutt, who was convicted under the Arms Act for illegally possessing weapons, had been given six years imprisonment by the TADA (Terrorists and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act) court. However, the apex court reduced the sentence from six years to five years. This means that Dutt will be in jail for three years and six months as he has already undergone 18 months imprisonment.

Sanjay Dutt said that he is 'shattered' by the Supreme Court verdict sentencing him to five years in prison in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case. He said he will complete all his pending films, and that he ought to be strong in these trying times for his family and children.

Sanjay said in a statement. "I have already suffered for 20 years and been in jail for 18 months. If they want me to suffer more I have to be strong. I am heartbroken because today along with me, my three children and my wife and my family will undergo the punishment, I have always respected the judicial system and will continue to do so, even with tears in my eyes. I am going to complete all my films and won't let anyone down. I am overwhelmed by the support of my fans the industry people, the media and all the well wishers." "I know in my heart that I have always been a good human being, respected the system and always been loyal to my country. My family is very emotional right now and I have to be strong for them. I am shattered and in emotional distress. I am sorry I can't come down and meet you all. God is great and he will guide me through this," Sanjay added.

Many actors and filmmakers from the Bollywood shared their views on social networking sites to express their opinions as to how "good-hearted" Munna Bhai really is.

1 comment:

  1. For the love of God! Munnabhai was a creation of some creative mind n not a real person. Sanjay dutt is not munnabhai nor is he doing gandhigiri. Pls stop taking sanjay dutt's name in d same breath as Gandhi - an epitome of non violence. he says he suffered for 20 years then what about the ppl whose lives changed bcoz of the bomb blast; he says he has young kids n he's d only earning member then what about the families who lost their sole bread winners in the blast.. sorry but his reasons are a whole load of bull s***

    ReplyDelete